How To Take Over Billing Responsibility For My Team
When an owner of your Streak Team first subscribes to a paid plan, they will automatically become the Team Payer responsible for monthly billing invoices. If the account's Payer is going to leave the company or change job responsibilities, another user can take over the billing responsibility.
Whether you're already using Streak and would like to transfer the billing to your account or you're just interested in overseeing the Team's billing history and invoices, we've got you covered! Check out all of our user roles here, or follow along below:
To take over billing from another Team Owner
- Go to your Gmail inbox and click the Streak menu at the top right of the page
- In the menu, select the Teams icon
- If you have Team Owner user permissions, you can select the 'Take Over Billing' link at the bottom of the page and enter your credit card info. If you only have Team Member user permissions, you must first request that your Team Owner to adjust your user role
- If needed, adjustments to the number of users and user roles can be adjusted with the 'Add/Remove Team Members' link on the Teams dashboard
To add a new user as a Payer Only
- Go to your Streak Teams page
- Add the new user to the Team by clicking 'Add/Remove Team Members'
- Add the user's email address and adjust the user role to a Team Owner. This will invite the user to the Team to add the credit card details from their account
- The new Team Owner can now accept the Team invite and follow the steps above to find the 'Take Over Billing' link
- After taking over the billing responsibility, this new user has the option to become a Payer Only, downgrading their account to the Free Plan while still paying for the Team's subscription. This can be adjusted with the 'Add/Remove Team Members' link on the Teams dashboard to adjust the user's Team role