How To Take Over Billing Responsibility For My Team
When an owner of your Streak Team first subscribes to a paid plan, they will automatically become the Team Payer responsible for monthly billing invoices. If the account's Payer is going to leave the company or change job responsibilities, another user can take over the billing responsibility.
Whether you're already using Streak and would like to transfer the billing to your account or you're just interested in overseeing the Team's billing history and invoices, we've got you covered! Check out all of our user roles here, or follow along below:
To take over billing from another Team Owner
1. Go to your Gmail inbox and click the Streak menu at the top right of the page
2. In the menu, select the Teams icon:
3. If you have Team Owner user permissions, you can select the 'Take Over Billing' link at the bottom of the page and enter your credit card info:
If you only have Team Member user permissions, you must first request that your Team Owner to adjust your user role.
a. Note: When you associate your credit card to the new email address we will charge you immediately and re-set your billing cycle. We will then issue a pro-rated refund for the remaining time left from your previous payment.
4. If needed, adjustments to the number of users and user roles can be adjusted with the 'Add/Remove Team Members' link on the Teams dashboard
Payer Only - To add a free user only responsible for billing
Note - A "Payer Only" user is a free Streak user only responsible for billing.
1. Go to your Streak Teams page
2. Add the new user to the Team by clicking 'Add/Remove Team Members'
3. Add the user's email address and adjust the user role to a 'Payer Only', which is a free user responsible only for the billing on your Team. You will not be charged for adding a 'Payer Only' user. This will then invite the user to the Team.
4. The new user can now accept the Team invite and follow the steps above to find the 'Take Over Billing' link:
Once "Take Over Billing" is selected the new Payer will be prompted to enter in their credit card. We will charge your Team in full, reset your billing cycle, and provide a pro-rated refund for the remaining time on your previous billing cycle.