Q & A: Why did my Boxes import without data?
First, you will want make sure your spreadsheet column headers match with your Pipeline Column headers. If you need to add more Columns to your Pipeline to accomidate the data in your import files, you will want to add your Pipeline Columns before attempting to import.
Next, you will want to double check that you are using the correct Column type in your Pipeline (some Columns cannot be imported into):
- Free From Columns- these columns are perfect for import! For example, if you will be importing email addresses, phone numbers, company size, etc you will want to add a 'Free Form Column' to your Pipeline.
- Date Columns- Date columns can be imported into, but must follow the format MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS AM/PM TZ for import
- Checkbox- Checkboxes columns can be imported into with values of either 'Checked' or 'Unchecked'
- Dropdown and Tag Columns- these columns can be imported into, but the options must first be added in the Pipeline. Values that do not have matching options in the Pipeline will not be imported.
- Assigned To- users who are shared on the Pipeline can be added to the Assigned To filed for import, but must be added as an email address value
- Magic Columns- these columns are automatically calculated from your Box content and cannot be imported into
- Formula Columns- these columns can only be edited in the pipeline and cannot be imported into
- Linked Boxes- these columns are populated when Boxes are linked at the Box level and cannot be imported into