How To Import Data Into Streak
When importing your data into Streak, you will first want to consider how you would like your data to be represented in your Pipelines after the import.
Prepare Your Pipeline
You will want to take this opportunity to customize your Pipeline to accommodate your data now before running your import.
The minimum amount of information needed to import your file will be a Box "Name" but you can add as many Custom Columns to your Pipeline as you need! For example, if you would like to import your customer's region, you can add a new Free Form Column to your Pipeline and title it "Region".
Note: Your Google Sheet must have a "Name" column with the data filled out for each line you wish to import. This column is the anchor for all Streak Box data so it's arguably the most important column. Best practices is to use a unique name for each Box. Good examples: Email address, first and last name, or company name.
Be sure to also consider the different Column types to find the best fit for your data. You may need to add a Date Column instead of a Free Form Column, for example, depending on the data you're about to import.
Install the Streak Importer Add-on for Google Sheets
After you have structured your Pipeline in the Streak extension, you're ready to work in your Google Sheets. The Streak Importer Add-on for Google Sheets can be installed for free directly from the Chrome Web Store by clicking the Install button. After the add-on has been installed, the Streak CRM Importer tool can be found in the Add-ons dropdown menu of your Google Sheets.
Launch the Streak Add-on to Import Your Data
Now it's time to import your data into the Pipeline! From the Add-on's dropdown menu from within your Google Sheet, simply select Start Importing and Streak will guide you through the required steps.
1. Add your data to Sheets- Get started by adding the data you want to import into the sheet. You can copy & paste data in, upload a CSV, or manually enter data right into this sheet.
2. Choose Your Pipeline- Choose the Streak Pipeline you would like to import into.
3. Choose Your Box Columns- Map your Pipeline Columns to your Google Sheets Columns.
a. Tip: It might be easiest to match up your Google Sheet's column names exactly with your Pipeline's column names:
If you don't want to edit your Google Sheet's column names, make a copy of the original Sheet, then change the column names, and import from the copy.
4. Choose Your Contact Columns- Streak can create Contacts from your Sheet and automatically link them to the Boxes created during import. Map your Contact fields to your Google Sheets Columns or select to skip this step.
5. Choose Your Organization Columns- Streak can also create Organizations during import. Map your Organization fields to your Google Sheets Columns or select to skip this step.
6. Confirm the Advanced Importing Options such as "Ignore header" row or "Create missing field options".
7. Then you'll get a Summary of the file with any errors highlighted and the number of boxes to be created on import (up to 5,000 boxes can be created per import).
8. If everything looks good, then you can confirm by clicking Start Import or Cancel if you'd like to abandon the import.
You're done! You can now review the data that has been imported into your Pipeline back from within your Gmail.