How To Create A Mail Merge
The best way to get started sending customized mass emails is with a list of Boxes that contain Streak Contacts (Contacts store email, first/last name, address - and more). If you're not ready to actively work Boxes through a Pipeline, Streak also supports Mail Merges created from CSV file upload.
Creating A Mail Merge
From your Pipelines:
- Select the Boxes that contain the Streak Contacts you would like to include in your Mail Merge (or, use a Saved View)
- Select the Mail Merge icon at the top of the Pipeline
- A familiar Gmail window will appear to compose your Mail Merge. Select where Streak will find recipients in each box here:
| Tip: For guided step-by-step instructions in the extension, follow the In-App Tour "How to setup a mail merge with a pipeline"|
From an uploaded CSV file:
- Start composing a new email as usual and click on the 'Mail Merge' link in the To field
- Select the link to 'Upload CSV'
- Find the CSV file on your desktop and click the Upload button
| Tip: For guided step-by-step instructions in the extension, follow the In-App Tour "How to setup a mail merge with a CSV file"|
Customizing A Mail Merge
Once you've picked the email addresses to send your email to, you can start writing out your email.
You can then add the following details to your Mail Merge:
- Add an email to CC/ BCC on the emails
- Add an attachment to the emails
- Track the emails with Streak's Email Tracking
- Schedule the Mail Merge to send at a later time with Streak's Send Later
Another way to customize emails is to insert Mail Merge Templates in your email subject and message body. Templates let you add custom data to each message. Templates can include the person name or any other data you have about them in your Streak Boxes.
By default the same email will be sent to all of the email addresses listed on the left sidebar. However, you can customize individual emails by clicking on each email address and customizing the text. That will customize the message for just that recipient.
Sending A Mail Merge
Once you press send, Streak will start sending the emails one at a time to each of your recipients. We will show you the progress in a popup window as the emails are processed and sent.
If you have created your Mail Merge from your Boxes, the outbound emails will also get added to their Box accordingly.