How To Create A Mail Merge
The best way to get started sending customized mass emails is with a list of Boxes that contain Streak Contacts (Contacts store email, first/last name, address - and more). If you're not ready to actively work Boxes through a Pipeline, Streak also supports Mail Merges created from CSV file upload.
Creating A Mail Merge
From your Pipelines:
2. Select the Mail Merge icon at the top of the Pipeline
3. A familiar Gmail window will appear to compose your Mail Merge. Click where it says "Gather recipients from" to select where Streak will find the email addresses of your Mail Merge recipients in each Box:
- All Columns - All of your pipeline's columns, including all email addresses in your Boxed emails
- All Contacts - Emails from every "Contacts and Organizations" column
- Starred Contacts - All starred "Contacts"
- Email Addresses Column - All email addresses in email threads you've added to your Boxes
- Name Column - Emails in the "Name" Box column
- Notes Column - Emails in the "Notes" column
- Assigned To - Emails of users assigned to Boxes
- Deal Size Column - Emails in the "Deal Size" column
| Tip: For guided step-by-step instructions in the extension, follow the In-App Tour "How to setup a mail merge with a pipeline"|
From an uploaded CSV file:
- Start composing a new email as usual and click on the 'Mail Merge' link in the To field
- Select the link to 'Upload CSV'
- Find the CSV file on your desktop and click the Upload button
| Tip: For guided step-by-step instructions in the extension, follow the In-App Tour "How to setup a mail merge with a CSV file"|
Customizing A Mail Merge
Once you've picked the email addresses to send your email to, you can start writing out your email.
You can then add the following details to your Mail Merge:
- Add an email to CC/ BCC on the emails
- Add an attachment to the emails
- Track the emails with Streak's Email Tracking
- Schedule the Mail Merge to send at a later time with Streak's Send Later
Another way to customize emails is to insert Mail Merge Variables in your email subject and message body. Variables let you add custom data to each message. Variables can include the person name or any other data you have about them in your Streak Boxes.
By default the same email will be sent to all of the email addresses listed on the left sidebar. However, you can customize individual emails by clicking on each email address and customizing the text. That will customize the message for just that recipient.
Sending A Mail Merge
Once you press send, Streak will start sending the emails one at a time to each of your recipients. We will show you the progress in a popup window as the emails are processed and sent.
If you have created your Mail Merge from your Pipeline, the outbound emails will also get added to their Box accordingly.