Feature Overview: Snippets
If you're sending the same kind of email a lot then you're usually going to be writing the same things over and over again. Snippets are a great way to avoid writing repetitive emails by hand and help keep your messaging consistent. Create templates and shortcuts for messages you send regularly so that you can save time and effort in the future, without having to worry about typos or improper formatting.
Creating a New Snippet
- Compose a new email and type your Snippet into the message of the email
- Click the Snippets icon in your compose window, then select Create New Snippet from Current Message from the menu.
- This will create a Snippet from the message you typed into the window and open the Snippet Manager
- Here you will be able to specify a name for the Snippet, an optional keyboard shortcut and the ability to edit the contents of the Snippet.
- Once you are finished editing the details of the Snippet, click on Done to save the Snippet.
| Tip: For guided step-by-step instructions in the extension, follow the In-App Tour "How to create a Snippet"|
Using Your Snippets
- To use a Snippet, compose a new email or a reply to an existing email.
- Then click on the Snippets icon
- This dropdown gives you a list of all your Snippets you can use at lets you search the titles or shortcuts.
- Once you find the one you want, pressing enter will add that Snippet to your email.
| Tip: Learn more with our Snippets Feature Deep Dive video, click to watch now!|
Alternatively, if the Snippet has a keyboard shortcut set, you can simply type the shortcut into the message window and it will be replaced by the contents of the Snippet.
Snippet Autocomplete also helps you quickly narrow down and select Snippets as you type out the shortcut. Now whenever you type something that matches a Snippet, a dropdown will show up allowing you to pick from the suggestions. Navigate to your Streak Settings to enable Snippet Autocomplete.
| Tip: For guided step-by-step instructions in the extension, follow the In-App Tour "How to Toggle Snippet Autocomplete"|