Can I create a Snippet using Mail Merge Variables?
Yes, you can include a Mail Merge Variables in a Snippet! If you send the same email in bulk week over week, using Snippets in your Mail Merge is a sure win.
- Open one of your Streak Pipelines
- Select the Boxes you would like to send the Mail Merge to
- Click the "Start Mail Merge with Checked Boxes" icon above your pipeline
- Type or insert your email Snippet
- Find the link at the bottom of the Mail Merge compose window to "Insert Variable"
- Select the Variable(s) you want to add to your new Snippet in the body of the email
- Click the Snippet icon and select "Make this Draft A Snippet"
- A new Snippets bar will show up on the right side of your screen, and a new compose-like window will show up with an Orange bar at the top, which is your Snippet editor window
- On the right Snippets bar, add a name to your Snippet, and click Save
- The Mail Merge compose window with the green header will reappear, and you can send the current Mail Merge with the knowledge that your Snippet is saved for future use
Just remember that Streak's Mail Merge Variables are only activated in our Mail Merge feature, so adding Mail Merge Variables to a non-Mail Merge email will not include the text or value of those variable.