Feature Overview: Thread Splitter
There is an In-App Tour available for this article titled "How to use Thread Splitter"
We think Gmail's email threading is one of their best features, but automatic threading doesn't always work the way you'd like it to. The Thread Splitter feature in Streak lets you select specific messages in a conversation and split them into their own thread. This is useful when Gmail groups unrelated emails together with Conversation View enabled.
How Does it Work?
Gmail uses the email subject is one of the largest proponent in combining related email messages together. Streak has found a way to 'trick' Gmail into separating these email threads by renaming parts of the email threads with our Thread Splitter.
Once you activate the Thread Splitter interface, you select the specific emails you want to move into a new thread and edit the subject of that thread. The emails will then be permanently removed from the original thread and moved into their own thread.
Note: This action can't be undone, so make sure you really want to split the messages before confirming!
How To Use the Thread Splitter
While viewing an email thread:
- Click the More menu in the top-right of the email thread
- Select Split Thread
- A menu comes up where you can select the new email messages to be split out into another thread (you can many messages or a single message to split)
- Click Move Message to New Thread
- You will be asked to Enter Subject For New Thread
- Click Ok to split the messages into their own thread, with the new subject you created