Streak says I have 3rd party cookies disabled, now what?
By allowing Streak access to your cookies, you are granting Streak the ability to 'remember' that you have already logged into your account. This way, Streak will not have to ask for permission each time you log into Gmail.
If you use any browser extensions that block cookies from being set, such as ad blockers, Privacy Badger, and/or Ghostery then you will likely not be able to load Streak. Also, if your browser doesn't allow cookies to be set or clears out your cookies after closing your browsing session, then you will have to re-authorize and login to the Streak extension every time you load Gmail.
Please see below for steps on granting Streak access to your cookies.
Enable third-party cookies
In Safari (as of Safari 11.1.2):
- Click Safari in the upper left-hand side of your screen and select Preferences from the dropdown menu.
- In the new window, open the Privacy tab.
- Please make sure "Prevent cross-site tracking" and "Block all cookies" are disabled.
- Refresh your Gmail after disabling.
In Chrome (as of Chrome 69):
- Navigate to your settings (chrome://settings) from the three-dot menu in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down until you reach "Privacy Settings" and select "Content settings" from the list.
- Click into Cookies.
- Please make sure "Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended)" is enabled.
- Please make sure "Block third-party cookies" is disabled.
- Refresh your Gmail.
Give Streak a special exception for 3rd party cookies in Chrome
If you'd like to keep third-party cookies off in your browser there are still ways to use Streak! While we recommend keeping them on, all or most of our functionality can still be utilized by creating an exception in Chrome for the addresses we use to store your log-in information.
- Navigate to chrome://settings
- At the bottom of the browser click Show advanced settings
- Click on the Content Settings button of the Privacy section
- Under the Cookies section, click the Manage Exceptions button
- In the pop-up list add the following four addresses in the Hostname pattern and ensure the behavior is set to 'Allow':
- Refresh your Gmail and you should be good to go!
Constantly being asked to re-login to Streak?
It's possible your cookies aren't being set, or another extension is interfering with our login. We've found that taking the following steps helps resolve these issues:
- Make sure your browser isn't using any ad blocking extensions, including not using Ghostery and Privacy Badger.
- Check your browser settings.
- Don't clear cookies when closing the current browser session.
Setup a separate Chrome Profile for Streak
Google Chrome has the ability to create separate profiles, allowing you to login to the same email account in multiple profiles at the same time, while having different browser settings and extensions in each. You can create one profile for Streak and have another profile for other tools and/or general internet browsing.