We've tried to keep things simple with Streak, but if there are any names or word that don't make sense, take a look at the glossary below!
The CRM basics
- Pipelines – Where work is defined in Streak. Similar to a worksheet in a larger spreadsheet file: any workflow or process that has multiple steps can live in one.
- Stages – A milestone or step in a Pipeline's workflow. Stages give clarity to your work and help track where any item is in your workflow.
- Boxes – An item that you're tracking in a pipeline. Boxes move through stages until a workflow is complete.
- Contacts – An individual related to a Box. Streak Contacts are enriched with data from Clearbit to help keep you better understand who you're working with.
As an example: Streak uses pipelines to manage every aspect of our business. The Sales team has a pipeline with stages that track an opportunity from Lead to Closed Won.
- Magic columns – Automated columns in your pipeline. These columns save you time by extracting valuable information from data that already exists within a box.
- Saved Views – A toolset that allows you to filter, group, and sort your boxes into specific views. Saved Views let you utilize box data to gain insight into your pipeline.
- Zapier – A service that can be used to connect and automate even more parts of Streak to other services.