Snippets are a great way to avoid writing repetitive emails by-hand and will help keep your messaging consistent.
Streak allows you to create templates and shortcuts for messages you send regularly – saving you time and effort in the future. Watch the video lesson to learn how to create snippets, or read below for instructions.
Create a new snippet
Snippets can be created from the Compose window in Gmail.
- Open a new Compose window.
- Click the Snippets icon on the toolbar and select the Make This Draft a Snippet option from the bottom of the menu.
This converts your compose window into a new snippet window and gives you the option:
- Name your snippet
- Give your snippet a Shortcut Code (e.g.
- Share the snippet to a Pipeline
Once you're finished filling in the details, click Create to save your snippet to Streak.
Using a snippet
There are two entry points for any snippet you've already created:
- Typing the snippet's Shortcut Code in a compose window
- The toolbar dropdown for snippets
If you can't remember the name or shortcut code of your snippet, you can search your snippets from the dropdown:
After selecting the snippet you've created, the contents of the snippet (including Subject) will be inserted into your message.