Note: This feature is still in a limited beta and will be available to all customers in upcoming weeks.
Automatic email sharing makes sure you or your team never forget to log an email in your pipeline.
How automatic email sharing works
Turning on "Include all emails" for a contact or organization tells Streak to add all emails with a person or company to a box of your choosing. This includes emails with you and your team. These emails added by Streak will have a sparkle icon to indicate that they were added automatically.
Once you turn on automatic email sharing for a contact or organization:
- your emails with the person or company are automatically shared with your team and added to the box.
- your team's shared emails are pulled into the box timeline.
- Streak shows the existence of your team's unshared emails with that contact or organization by displaying the sent and received details (to/from/date) in the box timeline.
Although you can see the existence of your team's unshared emails, they are grayed out and you can't see the email content. To see the full content, request access from your team member.
Turn on automatic email sharing
Turn on automatic email sharing in contact and organization cards in the Streak sidebar, in your box timeline (below) , or in your pipeline columns. Note that automatic email sharing is specific to each box – your team’s emails are shared and added to the box(es) where you turned on email sharing.
To turn on automatic email sharing for a contact or organization:
- click to open the contact or organization card
- click the three vertical dots
- toggle on the switch to "Include all emails"
- view the box timeline to see your team's shared emails and the existence of your team's unshared emails
Proactively share your emails
Streak lets you know when emails in your inbox aren’t shared with your team and gives you the option to proactively share them. Unshared emails might exist if somebody doesn’t reply all to a thread, wasn't included on the thread, or if there is a side conversation between people on the thread.
To proactively share emails, click “Share your version” in the banner at the top of the email thread.
In this scenario:
- Brita turns on automatic email sharing for their contact Florrie Gomez
- Linzi sends an email to Florrie and cc’s her colleague Drew.
- Florrie only replies to Linzi – Drew and Brita cannot see the reply.
Streak notifies Linzi about the unshared email and gives her the option to share: just this thread, all her messages in the Leads pipeline, or all messages with Florrie Gomez.