Email sharing makes it easy to communicate and share information with your team, but you can choose what you’d like to share or keep private. There are a few options to stop sharing emails in Streak:
- Make your email thread private
- Remove an email thread from a box
- Turn off automatic email sharing for a contact or organization in a box
Make your email thread private
You can choose to never share certain email threads in Streak.
Making an email thread private means your team will not be able to see the version in your inbox. This setting takes priority over other sharing settings, so your private conversations will never be shared anywhere in Streak.
To make your email private:
- Click the three dots (overflow menu) at the top of the email thread
- Click “Never share in Streak”
Remove an email thread from a box
If an email thread is not relevant to a particular box, you can delete the thread from the box. The email will still appear anywhere else it is shared in Streak, like other boxes or a contact or organization page.
To remove an email from a box while viewing the email, click the “x” in the pipeline label at the top of the email (seen above).
To remove an email from a box while viewing the box timeline:
- Click the three dots (overflow menu) on the email you want to remove
- Click “remove thread”
Turn off automatic sharing for a contact or organization in a box
Turn off automatic email sharing for a specific contact or organization in a box. Your team will still be able to see the existence of your emails and request access.
To turn off email sharing for a contact or organization:
- find the contact or organization card in your Streak sidebar, pipeline columns, or box view
- Hover over the contact and click the three dots (overflow menu)
- Toggle off the "include all emails" switch
Note that turning off email sharing, just like toggling the switch on, is specific to the box where you turn it off or on.
Turn off all email sharing in Streak
To turn off email sharing:
- Go to Gmail settings by clicking the gear icon in your inbox and selecting See all settings
- Open the Streak Email Settings tab
- Under Team email sharing, click Disable for the team with which you'd like to stop sharing emails.
Note that in order to add emails to your pipelines, team sharing must be enabled.