#1 Prepare your pipeline
For each of your Google Sheet columns that you want to import, create columns in your pipeline that match that header. For example, if your spreadsheet has a column titled "Region", you should add a new "Free form" column to your pipeline and title it "Region". You can create and import as many columns as you need.
Be sure to consider the different column types to find the best fit for your data, too. You may need to add a "Date" column instead of a "Free form" column, for example, depending on the data you're about to import.
#2 Prepare your Google Sheet data
Make sure the data you're importing is clean and ready. Ensure that there is a "Name" column in your spreadsheet - this column is the "anchor" column. You should use a unique name for each row.
If you're importing a list of contacts into Streak, it would be good to have columns for email addresses, first names, last names, company names, and any other data you want to import.
#3 Install and use the Google Sheets Streak Importer Add-on
In Google Sheets, under the "Add-Ons" menu, install the Streak Importer Add-on.
Once done, select Start Importing and Streak will guide you through the following steps.
- Add your data to Sheets – If your sheet already has the data you need, you can continue to the next step. Otherwise, be sure to add the data you're looking to import into the sheet!
- Choose your pipeline – Choose a pipeline you would like to import into.
- Choose your box columns – Map your pipeline columns to your Google Sheets Columns. You cannot use a column for more than one field in Streak. If you don't want to edit your Google Sheet's column names, make a copy of the original Sheet, then change the column names, and import from the copy.
- Choose Your Contact Columns – Streak can create contacts from your sheet and automatically link them to the boxes created during import. If you're not importing contacts, you can also skip this step.
- Choose Your Organization Columns –Streak can also create Organizations during import. Map your Organization fields to your Google Sheets Columns or select to skip this step.
- Confirm the Advanced Importing Options such as Ignore header row or Create missing field options. If you are importing data into an existing Dropdown or Tag column in your pipeline, selecting the "Create missing field options" box will automatically create Dropdown/Tag choices for your column if they do not already exist.
After confirming, you'll get a Summary of the import with any errors highlighted and the number of boxes to be created on import (up to 5,000 boxes can be created per import).
If everything looks ready to go, click Start Import. When the import is complete, each row in your Google Sheets will be a Box in your pipeline!