Streak lets you organize your emails, manage and prioritize your work, and collaborate with your team, all within Gmail.
To get started, follow these easy steps:
- Set up how you want to track things
- Organize your emails
- Manage work and collaborate in Gmail
- Use our email power tools
#1. Set up and customize your pipeline
A pipeline represents the workflow you are managing. As an example:
- Our Sales team manages sales leads from outreach to contacted to closed
- Our Business Development team manages partnership opportunities from negotiating to signed
- Our Operations team manages projects from brainstorming to review to launched
- Our Hiring team manages candidates from outreach to interviewing to closed
- Our Investors manages investments from sourcing to diligence-ing to closed
Each stage is a step in your workflow. Stages represent the progression from start to finish. (e.g. ideas > contacted > responded > negotiating > closed-won > closed-lost etc). Have as many or as few stages as you like!
Each column represents the different fields of information you want to record across your items being tracked. (e.g. location, industry, employee count, source, deal size, next steps, start date etc.)
Streak automatically populates some columns for you (e.g. date of last sent email, number of tasks, date of last call etc.). Add and remove as many columns as you like!
#2. Organize your emails - add emails to boxes
Each ROW in your pipeline is a 'BOX'.
Your emails are organized by adding them to boxes.
For an email associated with Stark Industries, type in and create a Box named "Stark Industries". This email is now added to that Box. If you have an existing box, simply find that box and add the email to it.
If you have multiple emails associated with Stark Industries, simply select them all from your inbox, and add them in the same way to the Box "Stark Industries".
Once an email is added to a Box, add details (to the columns you previously created in the pipeline) through the right sidebar.
Remember, Boxes represent what you're tracking, and emails are attached to boxes.
- For Sales, each box represents a lead or opportunity
- For Business Development, each box represents a partnership opportunity
- For Operations, each box represents a specific project
- For Hiring, each box represents a candidate
- For Investors, each box represents a deal or investment
- Boxes tend to be named as companies - e.g. "Stark Industries", "Hooli Company" etc.
Boxes move through the pipeline stages you've previously defined.
NOTE: If you have existing data, use our Google Sheets Importer. You can also create Boxes directly in the Pipeline, and add associated emails later. Boxes without emails are perfectly fine too. :)
#3. Manage, prioritize, and collaborate
Start working within your boxes!
Within each of your created boxes, you could:
- Add and view emails (including any email your team adds!)
- Add comments and meeting notes (shared with your entire team)
- Collaborate with team members (we’ll notify them when you @mention them)
- Add contacts (we’ll automatically enrich them with publicly available data)
- Assign tasks (we'll notify them when assigned)
- Upload files
How do I use Streak as part of my day?
- When sending and reading emails, organize them and update your work
- See which items you're tracking is most urgent / a priority
- Collaborate with your team - share emails, files, notes, and tasks with your team!
#4. Use our power tools!
With email tracking, mail merge, snippets, and send-later, our email power tools will let you work faster and smarter in Gmail!