Streak lets you manage, track and share your workflow and associated emails. To get started,
- Create and customize your pipeline
- Add boxes, with relevant emails, to your pipeline
- Add any other data to your boxes (files, contacts, comments, call logs, meeting notes, tasks, @mentions to your team)
- Start managing your workflow out of Gmail!
#1. Create and customize your pipeline
A pipeline represents the workflow you are managing. As an example:
- Our Sales team manages leads from outreach to contacted to closed
- Our Business team manages partnership opportunities from negotiating to signed
- Our Operations team manages projects from brainstorming to review to launched
- Our Investors manages investments from sourcing to closed.
1. Create a pipeline
2. Customize the pipeline stages
Each stage is a step in your workflow. Stages represent the progression from start to finish. (e.g. ideas, contacted, responded, negotiating, closed-won, closed-lost etc). Have as many or as few stages as you like. Even change colors to suit your preference!
3. Customize the pipeline columns
Each column represents the different fields of information you want to record. (e.g. Location, Industry, Employee Count, Source, Deal Size, Next Steps, Start Date etc.) Add and remove as many columns as you like.
For more detail on customizing stages and columns, click here.
#2. Add boxes, with its associated emails, to your pipeline
Each row in the pipeline is a 'Box', which represents what you're tracking.
- For Sales, each box would represent a lead or opportunity
- For Business Development, each box would represent a partnership opportunity
- For Operations, each box would represent a specific project
- For Investors, each box would represent a deal or investment
- Boxes tend to be companies - e.g. "Stark Industries", "Hooli Company", and "Beta Project" etc.
- Add emails to each Box (see point 2 below)
There are three primary ways of creating boxes:
1. Import existing data
If you have existing data, Google Sheets Streak Importer to easily import into a Pipeline. Importing instructions here. After importing, add emails from your inbox to these boxes.
2. Create a Box from your email(s)
Create boxes based on how you would classify your emails.
For example, for an email or emails associated with Stark Industries, create a Box "Stark Industries", and add this email to that Box.
Once your emails are added to a Box, you are now able to see and manage Box information from the sidebar when you open that email. (see #4 below).
More detail on how to create Boxes from emails here.
3. Add boxes directly through the Pipeline view
Alternatively, you can create Boxes directly in the Pipeline. Add associated emails later; Boxes without emails are perfectly fine too. :)
#3. Add any other data to your boxes
Boxes are very versatile. Explore the various different ways you could use your box. Within boxes, you could:
- Add and view emails (including any email your team adds!)
- Add contacts (we’ll automatically enrich them with publicly available data)
- Collaborate with team members (we’ll notify them when you @mention them)
- Add comments and meeting notes (shared with your entire team)
- Assign tasks (we'll notify them when assigned)
- Add files
More detail on boxes here.
#4. Start managing your workflow in Gmail!
Streak enables you to manage your workflow as you manage your email.
Let's take a Sales team using Streak as an example.
A lead / opportunity emails you. In one click, you can add that email as a Box (a lead) to your Sales pipeline.
Once you add that email to a box, a sidebar will appear. From here, you'll be able to update any and all information relating to this potential deal / opportunity, right from the sidebar! Just click on any field and start typing and editing.
In this example, you might update the Stage from "Lead" to "Contacted", update the Source, the Deal Size, the Date of Last Call, the Location, what they are interested in, and and any other relevant data field you define.
To add even more detail, click into the box name (in this case, "Acme Company - Consumer Hardware Team")
Notice that your email is automatically attached to the Box.
In this box view, you can @mention your team members to notify them, add files, add call logs, add tasks with due-dates and reminders, add comments, and many more.
The above sequence usually takes less than a minute, and you will have fully updated your workflow.
A similar sequence works for Business Development teams (managing partnerships), Operations teams (managing projects), Investment teams (managing deals and portfolio companies), Hiring teams (managing candidates) and many more - Streak is customizable to almost all workflows.
Using Streak with a team maximizes our features. Team members can collaborate within Gmail with Streak as a platform - sharing emails, files, notes, and tasks!
You're now all set with the very basics of Streak!
Unsure about how to use Streak?